At Profmed medical aid scheme, we provide comprehensive medical cover at affordable rates.
Contributions are due in advance by the 1st of every month.
- Members applying for the rates below R9 000 monthly income must submit proof of gross monthly income from all sources. If a member registers a spouse or partner as a dependant, proof of the higher of the member’s or spouse’s or partner’s income from all sources must also be provided, i.e. latest three months’ bank statements of all bank accounts, a tax directive from SARS or the latest tax return. Proof if income must be submitted to the Scheme annually by end-February.
- Adult dependant rates apply from age 21.
- If the dependant is studying and is dependent on the principal member, child rates apply up to age 28. Thereafter rates will default to adult dependant rates.
- Proof of dependence, i.e. latest three months’ bank statements of all bank accounts, and annual proof of study, i.e. proof of registration from an academic institution, must be provided to the Scheme in terms of 3 above. If proof is not received annually by the Scheme by end-February, rates will default to adult dependant rates.
- It is the responsibility of the member to submit proof of study and dependants annually by end-February, failing which contributions will be amended accordingly, with effect from 1 March.
The figures above do not include possible underwriting penalties that may be imposed in terms of Section 13(1) of the Regulations to the Medical Schemes Act No. 131 of 1998, as amended.