- Personal information refers to any information that identifies or relates specifically to you and your dependants, if applicable, such as your name, age, identity number, contact details, gender, information you use to register on the website and banking details.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Whenever you use the website, complete an application form, contact Profmed electronically or use one of the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered by Profmed on the website, Profmed will be in possession of your personal information.
- Profmed will only disclose, collate and process (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission unless we are legally permitted or required to do so.
- Profmed will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclose to you, unless you give Profmed your express written permission to do so or unless Profmed is permitted or required to do so by law . Profmed will not sell or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use without your consent.
- By using this website to register or apply online for any Profmed products or services, or to contact Profmed electronically, including through social media, you provide Profmed with your express written permission to share your personal information with Profmed’s service providers, in the ordinary course of Profmed’s business, including the purpose of providing you with the relevant products and services. You may revoke this consent in writing at any time. Should you revoke this consent, Profmed will only be able to share your information with our service providers as permitted in terms of the law.
- Profmed collects your personal information for, amongst others, the following reasons, namely to:
- Process your instructions or requests;
- Meet your needs. For this purpose Profmed may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you for research and statistical purposes. We may also use your personal information to personalise and tailor our services to meet your needs;
- Send you promotional material or details, which we think may be of interest to you once we have collected and analysed your personal information; and
- Conduct market research.
- The information that you provide to Profmed will be held in Profmed’s systems, which are located at Profmed’s premises or those of a contracted third party.
- Profmed shall take all reasonable steps, including the implementation of appropriate security safeguards, to protect the confidentiality of your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information concerning Profmed’s beneficiaries is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- If you use the website, you must keep your access details (including your username and password, if applicable), confidential and not allow other people to use them. You accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your access details or password and accept responsibility for sharing your user name and password. You also agree that any use of your access details shall be regarded as if you were the person using such information.
- Profmed is not responsible for any representations, information, warranties or content on any third party website (including any third party website linked to this website or websites that serve as social networks like Facebook and Twitter). Profmed does not exercise control over the privacy policies of these third parties and you should refer to their privacy policies to see how they protect your privacy.
- Profmed shall take reasonable steps to ensure that its service providers, who have access to your and your dependants’ personal information, if applicable, keep such information confidential.
Correction of and Access to Personal Information
- Should you wish to update or correct any personal information held by Profmed, you can e-mail us or phone client services.
- You may obtain a copy of your personal information by following the procedure described in our Information Manual. Access to this information is subject to the provisions of applicable legislation.
- Profmed will retain your and your dependants’ personal information as part of its records for as long as it is required for lawful purposes, as may be required by legislation and for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to the requirements of the law.
- The website uses industry-wide technologies, such as “cookies”, to collect information about the use of our website, your preferences and past browsing history. “Cookies” refer to information that is sent from the Website to your hard drive, where it is saved. This will allow us to improve our services and your experience when you use the website again.
- The website and all information, content, tools and materials are provided by Profmed “as is” and on an “as available” basis without warranty of any kind.
- Profmed does not guarantee the operation of the website, the information content, tools or materials on the website. You agree to use the website at your own risk.
- Profmed does not guarantee that the website, information, content, tools or materials included on the website, its servers or any electronic communications sent by us are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Although Profmed is fully committed to providing you with the best possible service, we are not responsible for:
- Any interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information due to a power failure, equipment or software malfunction, natural disasters, fire, labour unrest, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Profmed, or
- Any inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate information obtained from the website or supplied by you.
- We shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, punitive and/or consequential loss or damages that may arise from:
- Any of the events described in this clause;
- Any links to other websites from the Website. You also acknowledge that we cannot control the content of or the products offered on those websites;
- Denial of access to the website should we have reason to believe that you are conducting activities that are illegal, abusive, would affect the integrity of the website or place Profmed in disrepute;
- Your use of the website; or
- Your reliance on any of the information, content, tools or materials that you obtain from the website.
- You acknowledge and understand that the information included on the website does not constitute advice or intermediary services in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act of 2002. You should consult with your financial adviser should you require any financial services or financial products.
- To the extent that clinical information may be provided on the website, you understand that it does not replace the advice of a registered health care practitioner. You should not discontinue any treatment you may be receiving on the basis of information reflected on this website without first consulting your health care practitioner and you should seek professional advice should any symptoms you may be experiencing persist.
- While Profmed makes every effort to ensure that the content and information on the website is complete, accurate and up-to-date, we make no guarantee about the suitability of the products and services on the website or whether they are complete, accurate or appropriate.
- You agree to indemnify Profmed, its trustees, officers and employees and will not hold them responsible for any claim relating to your use of the website or as a result of any errors or inaccuracies or incomplete information made available by third parties on the website and agree that we shall not be liable for any loss or damages, including direct, indirect and consequential loss, that may arise from any disclosure to or by any third parties.