The Easter holiday is fast approaching, and if you’ve been racking your brain for ideas on how to make this time with your family extra special, worry no more! We’ve compiled a list of activities and delicious treats that will make this Easter, and each one thereafter, unforgettable.
Easter Activities For The Whole Family
- What better way to capture your Easter memories than by creating a DIY Easter-themed photo booth? Find some great ideas here.
- Create an Easter-themed playlist that the whole family can sing along to, or that would add a festive ambiance to your Easter family lunch.
- Sit around the table and share stories about things that you are grateful for. This is a great way to remind yourself of all of your blessings.
- Hire an Easter bunny suit and dress up for your kids.
- Create a variety of Easter-inspired games to play, such as Pin the Tail on the Bunny.
There is no better way to commemorate a special occasion than to celebrate with food – and lots of it! Treat your family to a delicious breakfast or lunch. Make it more fun by heading outdoors and setting up a family picnic. If your kids are of the egg-hunting age, you can hide eggs in your garden, which they can hunt for before the picnic. If you’d prefer to have your picnic away from home, choose a lush location with plenty of trees, nooks and crevices so that the hunt is more challenging, and so that the kids can hunt for their eggs to their heart’s content.
If you’re stumped for ideas on treats, take a look at these sumptuous Easter treats recipes.
Easter-Inspired Table Decorations
- Use a floral table cloth, ribbons and flowers to decorate your table – you can create an Easter-themed floral arrangement by placing carrots in a clear vase and adding white flowers to the mix to make it even more eye-catching. Alternatively, create ‘egg vases’ by placing flowers into empty egg shells.
- Add some Easter-themed decorations by painting egg shells and placing tea lights in them.
- Fold your napkins into the shape of bunny ears.
- Buy speckled eggs and sprinkle them around the table.
The Best Part – The Easter Egg Hunt
Have your kids create their own Easter egg bag so that they can keep all of their Easter treasures in one place. Buy plain brown paper bags and have your kids draw/paint on them. Fill the bags with tissue paper for an extra splash of colour.
If you’d like to do more than simply planting chocolate treats all over the garden, consider creating mini-egg piñatas which will shower treats once smashed open.
The Golden Egg
To make the Easter egg hunt that much more exciting, create a Golden Egg, which has a special treat attached to it – you can decide on what the egg symbolizes – a ‘get out of chores for a day’ privilege, money, or extra treats.
Now you’ve got a few ideas of how to make Easter that much more enjoyable. Remember, there are plenty of ideas online, including recipes and DIY tips for decorations. From all of us at Profmed, have a blessed Easter!
Profmed is a restricted medical aid scheme that is open to professionals who have obtained a postgraduate qualification. Profmed offers these individuals exclusive yet affordable medical cover. The company’s vision is to address the healthcare needs of professionals through appropriate and comprehensive benefit design. For more information, please visit www.profmed.co.za or follow Profmed on Facebook.