With the rise in mobile usage, it only makes sense that businesses would follow suit, developing a platform that allows their customers to access, and interact with their brand in real-time, at the customer’s own convenience from wherever they are.
Our Profmed app was developed with exactly this in mind: convenience. To make things easier for you – putting the power in your hands, so that you have control over your health, and immediate access to the most important information and features of your Profmed medical scheme, such as your particular benefit information, the ability to easily submit claims directly from your smartphone, or the ability to view your medical scheme benefits. Now you have access to all of this and more at the touch of a button.
If you have already downloaded the Profmed app to your mobile device, no doubt you have come to enjoy the following benefits that the app provides:
The Profmed mobile app features:
- Your own electronic membership card
- You can chat to us through email or Live Chat
- You can submit claims and view your medical scheme documents
- You can easily locate your nearest emergency room
- You are able to view your transaction history
- Get immediate access your scheme benefits and information
- Keep up to date with the latest Profmed news
The Profmed app is available on Apple, Android and Windows devices. If you haven’t downloaded the Profmed app yet, and would like to make use of its features, you’ll be glad to know that it has undergone a recent upgrade, with a host of new and exciting features available to benefit you even further:
- Latest addition to the app: Travelling overseas? You are now able to request and e-mail your letter directly from the app
- Pregnant? Expectant mothers can register on Profmed Baby on the Profmed app
- Medical emergency? You can find the nearest hospital emergency room from your location
- Have instant access to, and download, your tax certificates, statements and other Scheme documents
- Receive informative Scheme messages and updates in the app’s news feed
- Easily access the Profmed social media platforms
- Send a copy of your membership card to your service provider via e-mail (even if you don’t have e-mail functionality on your phone)
- Stay in touch while on the move
The Profmed app can be downloaded by the primary Profmed Scheme member, as well as all registered dependants on the membership. In this way, members can ensure that their entire family has easy and immediate access to valuable and life-saving functions and important Scheme information.
Doctor Thomas Butler gives his thoughts on the Profmed app: