Profmed ProSelect and ProSelect Savvy plans are medical options that require the use of hospital networks. This means reduced contributions to better suit your pocket. Hospital cover medical aid is the ideal solution for young members choosing medical aid for the first time.
ProSelect and ProSelect Savvy have different hospital networks. Our list of hospitals for ProSelect (the ProSelect hospital network) and ProSelect Savvy (the Savvy hospital network) will guide you to a hospital that is convenient for you. Included in your contributions are benefits for contraceptives, limited chronic conditions, emergency ambulance services, and preventative care benefits for the screening and early detection of high-risk diseases. Additional benefits include Trauma, and an HIV Assistance Programme for trauma counselling and HIV exposure, as well as our Tums2Tots Baby and Toddler programme, WHISPA Violence Support Programme and International Travel Medical Assistance. Optional benefits include the PPS Wallet, a flexible savings account that allows you to control how much you save and extends your medical benefits. Members also have access to PPS Gap Cover, an independent benefit that helps you manage medical expense shortfalls. In hospital doctors’ fees are paid at 100% Specific Tariff and dentistry is paid at 135% Profmed Tariff.
Benefits paid from risk
- No deposits or co-payments for hospitalisation
- Hospitalisation on ProSelect, subject to ProSelect network hospitals
- Hospitalisation on Savvy options, subject to Savvy network hospitals
- Click here to see the lists of network hospitals
- Doctors’ consultations and procedures paid at 100% Specific Tariff*
- Hospital admissions for maternity
- Preventative Care for early detection of dread diseases, and specified vaccinations
- Chronic medication
- Cover for the 26 CDL conditions
- Plus relevant DTPs
- Per formulary, algorithm and protocols
- Trauma, and HIV Assistance Programme for trauma counselling and HIV exposure
- Tums2Tots Baby and Toddler programme ENHANCED
- WHISPA Gender Based Violence Support Programme
- International Travel Medical Assistance ENHANCED
- Healing@home provides medical treatment in the comfort of your home NEW
*Procedures: Paid at code-specific Rand values
- Dentists’ consultations paid at 135% Profmed Tariff
- Dentists’ procedures paid at 135% Profmed Tariff
- PPS GAP Cover NEW
- PPS Gap Cover is an independent benefit that helps you manage medical expense shortfalls.
- PPS Wallet
- PPS Wallet is a flexible savings account that allows you to control how much you save and extends your medical benefits.