Hospital and day-to-day benefits for the growing family
Profmed ProSecure Plus and ProSecure Plus Savvy are medical options that offer hospital benefits and family medical aid for professionals and their growing families. Profmed’s ProSecure Plus Savvy option offers the same benefits as ProSecure Plus through a wide range of network hospitals, delivering affordable day-to-day medical benefits. These include hospitalisation in private wards with no deposits or co-payments, preventative care for early detection of dread diseases, and specified vaccinations, contraceptives, chronic medication, a trauma and HIV Assistance Programme for trauma counselling and HIV exposure, Tums2Tots Baby and Toddler programme and International Travel Medical Assistance. Day-to-day benefits cover both doctors’ consultations and specialist consultations, acute medication, radiology and pathology, over-the-counter medication, optometry, dentistry and a maternity programme. Optional benefits include the PPS Wallet, a flexible savings account that allows you to control how much you save and extends your medical benefits. Members also have access to PPS Gap Cover, an independent benefit that helps you manage medical expense shortfalls. Doctors’ consultations and procedures are paid at 200% Profmed Tariff in hospital and out-of-hospital Doctors’ consultations and procedures are paid at 100% Profmed Tariff. Dentistry is paid at 135% Profmed Tariff.
Benefits paid from risk
- No deposits or co-payments for hospitalisation
- A large selection of network hospitals on the Savvy options
Co-payment will apply for voluntary use of a non-network hospital
- Click here to see list of Savvy network hospitals
- Doctors’ consultations and procedures paid at 200% Profmed Tariff
- Private wards for maternity post-delivery
- Preventative Care for early detection of dread diseases, and specified vaccinations
- Chronic medication
- Cover for 39 chronic conditions plus relevant DTPs
- Benefit limit applies
- Trauma, and HIV Assistance Programme for trauma counselling and HIV exposure
- Tums2Tots Baby and Toddler programme ENHANCED
- WHISPA Gender Based Violence Support Programme
- International Travel Medical Assistance ENHANCED
- Healing@home provides medical treatment in the comfort of your home NEW
PLUS options. Extra benefits.
Paid from day-to-day limits
- Doctors’ consultations
- GPs paid at R550
- Specialists paid at R810
- Procedures: 100% Specific Tariff*
- Acute medication
- Radiology and pathology
- Over-the-counter medication
- Dentists’ consultations paid at 135% Profmed Tariff
- Dentists’ procedures paid at 135% Profmed Tariff
- Maternity programme covers 13 maternity consultations, 2 ultra-sound scans, a lactation consultation, a nutrition consultation, NIPT test, all paid from risk.
*Procedures: Paid at code-specific Rand values
- PPS GAP Cover NEW
- PPS Gap Cover is an independent benefit that helps you manage medical expense shortfalls.
- PPS Wallet
- PPS Wallet is a flexible savings account that allows you to control how much you save and extends your medical benefits.
PLUS options. Extra benefits.